Inspirational Quotes: Sometimes, we need a little motivation and inspiration to keep going in life. Whether it’s to pursue our dreams, overcome challenges, or simply enjoy the present moment, there are many wise words from people who have made a difference in the world that can inspire us. Here are 20 inspirational quotes by people who have left a mark on history, culture, and humanity.
20 Inspirational Quotes
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist, and poet.
- “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi, Indian leader, and activist.
- “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu, Chinese philosopher and founder of Taoism.
- “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” – Robert Louis Stevenson, Scottish novelist, and travel writer.
- “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” – Amelia Earhart, American aviator, and pioneer.
- “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt, American president, and statesman.
- “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker, American novelist, and activist.
- “The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.” – Frank Zappa, American musician, and composer.
- “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss, American author, and illustrator.
- “The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.” – Albert Einstein, German physicist, and genius.
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” – Steve Jobs, American entrepreneur, and visionary.
- “The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.” – Audrey Hepburn, British actress and humanitarian.
- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandela, South African leader, and Nobel laureate.
- “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand, Russian-American novelist, and philosopher.
- “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke, Irish statesman, and philosopher.
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller, American author, and activist.
- “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” – Vince Lombardi, American football coach, and legend.
- “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” – Oprah Winfrey, American media mogul, and philanthropist.
- “The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.” – Albert Einstein, German physicist, and genius.
- “The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.” – Ferdinand Foch, French general and strategist.
I hope you enjoyed reading these quotes and found some inspiration from them. 😊